DAVID Arquette has given his first interview since his much-publicized trip to rehab last month.
The actor sat down with Oprah Winfrey after Michael Vick bailed on an interview at the last-minute.
David’s interview will air on Feb. 24.
Winfrey’s rep told The Hollywood Reporter that Arquette, 39, agreed to an “exclusive sit-down,” which was taped Thursday.
Vick’s sudden cancellation threw Winfrey’s staff for a loop, she told THR, because they “had been working behind the scenes for months” on the episode.
“We did a field trip with him. We had been shooting with Michael Vick. And the fact that he pulled out and all his people …” Winfrey, 57, said. “We move on.”
According to the talk show host, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, 30, had “personal reasons” for backing out.
“We’re not going to push it,” Winfrey said.
Recent reports claimed Cox is considering taking Arquette back for the sake of their seven-year-old little girl, Coco.
“It’s been four months since the separation now and David has been doing well in rehab,” says a source close to the former couple.
“Courteney still cares for David deeply and she’s ready to give him a second chance if that’s what he wants and if he’s up to it.
“Coco misses him and Courteney doesn’t want to deny her the chance to grow up in a family home with both her parents.”
© 2014 - SHOWBISPY.COM ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.