Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Honor Carol Burnett with SAG Lifetime Achievement...

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Honor Carol Burnett with SAG Lifetime Achievement Award

SHARE

As Tina Fey and Amy Poehler honored Carol Burnett with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Screen Actor’s Guild, they also used the opportunity to poke fun at Leonardo DiCaprio.

Screenshot 2016-01-31 at 4.42.30 PMTo support their claims that comedians do all the same things dramatic actors do “but faster…and often with a chimp,” Poehler joked, “Let’s all calm down about Leonardo DiCaprio and how hard it was to shoot The Revenant.”  As Leo laughs along, Poehler says, “So you slept in a horse and ate bison liver, big whoop. Carol would have slept in that horse, worn it, done a song and a dance, and made a much funnier face after eating something very disgusting.” Burnett was quoted saying something similar about herself earlier this week.

Screenshot 2016-01-31 at 5.03.41 PMAfter Poehler and Fey were done teasing DiCaprio, they went on to call Burnett their hero for not only being a truly hilarious woman, but for her innate ability to “drive” her own show and career. “Besides how funny she was and how beautiful she looked,” Fey said about watching The Carol Burnett Show growing up.

”It was also important for us to see that Carol was the boss. It was her show. And that implanted in our brains and made us dream of a life where we could make comedy with our friends but also be their boss.” Carol Burnett is a legend for inspiring generations of budding comedians and actors. Fey and Poehler went on to say, “Our moms taught us 90% of what we needed to know to become the women we are today, and the other 10% is Carol. We love her, and we thank her,” the duo concluded. Lovely tribute from the two! Applauds to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for hitting it out of the park with another awards ceremony appearance! We love your jive ladies!

Watch Carol’s acceptance speech: